Question : Problem: MSL 4048 LTO4 Fiber Chanell version VS Brightstore Arcserve r.11.5

Hi,

I have a HP 4048 Autoloader with two LTO4 drives. I have windows server 2003 sp1. I've installed the proper drivers, and the device is firmware upgraded. I am using Brightstore Arcserve R. 11.5 SP3.
The problem is that when I would like to configure the device, it detects, I configure it, but when I restart
the tape engine service the device panel is looking like two independent lto drives and the HP MSL G3 they are not linked. On the device manager, the Medium Chargers is disabled.

Any ideas?

Regards,

D.

Answer : Problem: MSL 4048 LTO4 Fiber Chanell version VS Brightstore Arcserve r.11.5

Backup exec maybe just the part of the solution, but>

I found out what happened. When I installed the Arcserve I've also installed the SAN agent too.
That was the mistake, thatswhy the Library was not linked together with the LTO4 drives.
When you facing this problem, you have to go to the San Administrator, and assign the server
where you've installed the Arcserve to. Then on the next device configuration it will detects and
use the tape library successfully. :)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us