Question : Problem: MiniMac not seeing PS2 keyboard connected via Belkin KMV switch

I bought a miniMac (my first apple) and want to connect it to my Belkin KMV switch so I can use same monitor, keyboard, and mouse that I use on other 3 PC also connected to the  switch.

Both VGA and mouse work.  When MiniMac boots it displays a screen asking me to press a key on the keyboard so it can find the keyboard.  That's as far as I get. The os does not find the keyboard and
I get no further.

Apple says Belkin is a 3rd party and they don't support 3rd parties. Belkin says it works for other Mac uses but I "may" have to change some Apple OS settings to use and IBM keyboard w/Mac. They don't know what changes.

Specifics are: Belkin 4-port KVM w/audio, Model  F1DS104T
                       IBM PS2 keyboard (old style)
                       Microsoft wireless mouse (which works fine)
                       MiniMac w/Leopard OS

Should I buy a usb keyboard and plug that directly into the Mac and hope it allows me to
then look for where to make the changes?   I'm a new Mac user and feel lost about
how to approach this.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: MiniMac not seeing PS2 keyboard connected via Belkin KMV switch

Take a look at this as a possible replacement for your old IBM keyboard.  Have never used it so I can't give an opinion.

http://jseliger.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/product-review-unicomp-customizer-keyboard/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us