Question : Problem: Secondary Slave Device Not ATAPI compatible?

I have the same problem as "redwebunlimited".

my machine stats:  MOBO-  ECS K7S5A, Duron 1.3/256DDR.  WinME --  CDROM in question is "Polaroid BURNMax32" (NOT actually made by Polariod, but by DFT, Inc. http://www.diskfusiontech.com/index.htm

I built the computer last month from scratch, and first had the "Secondary Slave Device Not ATAPI compatible" error at BIOS-loading after I installed an old SCSI card.  After a couple days of playing with things I figured out it was the SCSI card conflicting.  I pulled the SCSI card out, and it worked fine.  Continued working for about one week, until I installed "RealPlayer 8(?)" 2 days ago.  Then the problem began again.  Without ANY HARDWARE modifications, the error re-occurs.  I also notice in my device manager that the Secondary controller itself records a problem "device not functioning properly...need to update drivers" etc.  This is the same prognosis as the earlier conflict witht the SCSI card.  Now, I have no hardware mods to undo, only uninstalling RealPlayer, and that didn't work.  Any reason why RealPlayer should be fiddling with my secondary controller settings???

Thanks!!

Answer : Problem: Secondary Slave Device Not ATAPI compatible?

Maybe the new mobo drivers solved this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us