Question : Problem: How do you make the 1394 Connection work with a Netgear Router???

I have a 1394 Connection on my computer that I can't connect to. Is there any way  that I can use that connection with the Router up above?  My computer is a Gateway Desktop.  Thank you.

Answer : Problem: How do you make the 1394 Connection work with a Netgear Router???

The only way I'm aware of connecting to an outside network via 1394 is using another computer as a bridge. i.e. connect the 2 computers using firewire, then connecting to the network via RJ45/ethernet across the bridge.

There are firewire to RJ45 convertors, but as far as I can tell (I have never personally used one), they are meant to extend the firewire bus further than firewire cables can, not for IP over firewire per se. IP over firewire probably could work with a router/switch, but would be severly limited by cable length (which I believe is under 5m maximum, compared to 100m max for ethernet), and that's probably why nobody heavily pushes for more hardware like that.

> I have a 1394 Connection on my computer that I can't connect to.

But what did you mean by that, exactly? :-)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us