Question : Problem: How to configure IE to access VPN Server

I have CISCO VPN CLIENT 4.6 running under Windows/XP. The client connects to the remote server properly and gets authenticated OK and is waiting for work. I'd like to use Internet Explorer to commincate over the VPN, but I'm getting Page not Found. I have verified with another user, who is able to use IE to communicate, that I am using the correct IP and port address 'http://10.0.0.1:5800'.

I think I need to tell IE to use this new VPN connection rather than the "normal" LAN connection that is used for internet activity, but I don't know exactly how to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Phil

Answer : Problem: How to configure IE to access VPN Server

I think it best to see if you get a connection with Dave's laptop. These results are very interesting. When the VPN is not established you are going trough 3 private IP's; 192.168.1.1, 192.168.15.1, 10.38.64.1  You mentioned earlier "The client connects to the remote server properly', how are you sure of this? Though it is possible going through numerous IP's may involve some NAT (Network Address Translation) or router/firewall rules that can interfere with making a proper VPN connection. The absence of any results from the tracert command would also indicate there may be no connection.
See what the laptop test shows.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us