Question : Problem: iTunes newbie - how to export playlist to MP3 player

Newbie on iTunes. Maybe I'm dense. Maybe I give Apple too much credit.  All I want to do is buy songs and export them to my Creative Muvo MP3 player. I set the default in Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Importing to MP3 format so I assume the songs I purchased are stored as MP3 in my playlist(s).  But I absolutely cannot figure out how to get the music down to my Creative player that I have connected via the USB cable.

I have been through many posts on both iTunes Help and in EE so please, unless you know of a specific post that describes exactly what to do, do not offer more links - I've read them and they don;t help me.

Thanks,
CF

Answer : Problem: iTunes newbie - how to export playlist to MP3 player

1. All music files purchased from the iTunes store are AAC format and NOT MP3 and are encoded by Apple.  
The Importing MP3 setting is for when you encode your own CDs ONLY!!! The MuVo will NOT play AAC files and so you will need to convert them to MP3 or WMV (which will remove the copyright protection and hence is regarded illegal but you can find out how to do it in many other locations .. not from me though)

2. In iTunes preferences under the Advanced settings if you have the "copy music to Library" then all purchased and imported songs will be in your iTunes Library folder.
This folder is located in My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music ...  or on the Mac  username/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music
If there is no music in there.. apart from your purchased music .. you can use the Consolidate Library command to copy all music into the iTunes Music folder. Music will be ordered by Artist/Album
If you can't find the music search your entire PC for *.AAC

I am guessing that you've a PC?  As iTunes will ONLY sync with iPods you can use another program such as Windows Media Player to sync with the MuVo.  In Media Player just point it at the iTunes Music folder and import all the Music. Now when you plug in the MuVo it should see the MuVo and allow you to copy the music over.

If you've a Mac then tell us and we can cover that.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us