Question : Problem: Is the Ipod Nano 4th generation USB cable the same as 3rd generation. etc

I recently bought an Ipod nano 4th generation and for the life of my I can't figure out if the USB cable it uses is the same as the 3rd, 2nd and 1st generation

Points will be awarded for answering "Can i use a 3rd/2nd geration USB cable with the 4th generation device.:. (IE. are they different) or do I need to buy a 4th generation cable" with bonus point awarded for "yes it will work, but the 4g cable is different" if that happens to be the case.

I've researched vvia google and such and cannot figure it out. Tons of links to 'buy' cables, but I cannot find a description that lists teh 4th generation Ipod as being the correct one for the generic Ipod nano cables. This list all kinds of 'what they are compatible with' but I have yet to find a description that shows a cable (OEM or otherwise) that is compatible with 1g, 2g, 3g and 4g.

I am trying to buy an extra USB cable (Cigarette lighter, solar power, moose treadmill, etc), but without knowing I have this nagging feeling that the 4G cable is unique and my carefully herded and corralled moose on a treadmill will be unable to charge my 4G Ipod.

Marc

Answer : Problem: Is the Ipod Nano 4th generation USB cable the same as 3rd generation. etc

Yes they are the same, I have my IPod 4th generation cable installed in my computer and had used it with my sister IPod Nano 4th generation, also with my son's IPod Classic
Also I have used four different car power supplies with the IPod 4th generarion and IPod classic. One type was also used with a IPod mini and a IPod 3th generation.
I haven't found any notice of changes in the dock connectors distribution, so most likely from the first dock IPod to the last the power supplies are the same, even the firewire power supplies work with the IPod 3th, 4th and classic(5th), I've tested that.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us