Question : Problem: a previously fine cd-r has somehow become no longer high sierra or iso 9660 compliant

Here's some background. A while ago a burned an iso file to a HP 700 mb/80min CD-R. I don't remember if I used easy cd creator or nero to do so. And the computer recognized it and I did an upgrade to my OS from it to xp pro. Since then the computer has gone through several upgrades. Here's the list of them-
-128 megs of pc100 ram to 256 megs of pc133               (m/b switchable)
-12x8x32 cd-r/w to 16x12x40 cd-r/w
-16x dvdrom
-linksys fast ethernet 10/100 adapter
-WD 30gig hd to WD 40gig hd

the system is setup with 4 ide devices -
- primary channel hard drive master, cd-rw slave
- secondary channel 48x cdrom master, dvd slave
on an EPoX MP3V-5(b? don't remember) motherboard with the via chipset which has been flash updated to recognize the larger hard drives. the cd-rw firmware has been updated to work with windows xp.

Now here's where the problem started, the old h/d(30gig) failed so I got a new one. And after I fdisked into 2 partitions 10gig/30gig, formated c: (using a win 98 se startup floppy) I tried to do a clean install of off my cd-r. that's when I got the following error "CDR103: cdrom not high sierra or ISO 9660 format reading drive E:" when I choose fail and I got "fail on INT24". So I installed win98se. Now when I stick the cd-r in any cdrom drive, windows explorer sorta recognizes it. The name by the cd icon on "my copmuter" is " CD(E: )" when I single click it shows 581 mbytes used 0 free, double click and it opens but nothing shows up in explorer.

Any idea's????

Answer : Problem: a previously fine cd-r has somehow become no longer high sierra or iso 9660 compliant

It's just one CD-R that is doing this?  It sounds like the disc is history.  If that is the only one that reads erroneously then give up on it and trash it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us