Question : Problem: Combining Netgear wireless router with netgear access point

Hi guys, me again.

I need to know what will be the simplest way to set up a Netgear Wireless router DG834GT with a Netgear WG102 Prosafe 802.11g Wireless Access Point. But there is a catch.....

I need the access point NOT to be plugged onto the network, in other words, COMPLETELY wireless.
My friend wants to connect to the internet on his PS3, but the signal to his room(upstairs) with his current router, Marconi Prmium Combo Wireless is only giving him a signal strenght of 45%.

I got the idea to install a wireless router(Netgear) together with a Wireless Access Point(Netgear too). But we can't lay any cables in the building, reason, owner is kinda funny when it comes drilling through walls or anything to that effect. I need serious assistance with this please guys.

Thanking you in advance
Allen

Answer : Problem: Combining Netgear wireless router with netgear access point

When you set up the access point it needs to be set in 'repeater mode'. It'll either see the existing wireless network or you can enter the MAC address of the router and it'll act as a booster. If you get stuck just phone Netgear tech support, they're awesome on the phone. Cheers and good luck!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us