Question : Problem: Configure multiple Wireless Access Points

Hi

I have two Linksys access points (WAP54G) that I want to use to accomplish the following:

I want to use one access point (AP1) to allow clients too (wirelessly and cabled) access each other and a DSL internet connection. AP1 is attached to a switch which some clients and the internet connection are cabled into; the others connect to AP1 wirelessly.

In the same building I want to attach a print device to the second access point (AP2) to create a wireless bridge across to AP1 so clients connecting to AP1 can print to the print device attached to AP2.

I have read the documentation that comes with these AP’s. In the documentation you can configure the APs in wireless bridge mode; however, in this mode wireless clients can not connect to AP1.

There is another mode called AP Client mode in which one AP can be configured as a client of the other AP; ie, AP2 becomes a client of AP1.

My questions are:

1 -Can I accomplish what I want to accomplish?
2 – Should I be using Client mode with AP2?
3 – I have tried to use AP client mode but could not get the communication required; how should this be configured. I used the documentation to configure this but could not ping the IP address of AP2  from a client attached to AP1.

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Configure multiple Wireless Access Points

My guess would be simply for bridging.

You would have to call the support desk on those product for other specifics.

John
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us