Question : Problem: i am using veritas backup exec to backup. and i want to save seven bkf files of seven days in the destination

i am using veritas backup exec to backup. and i want to save seven bkf files of seven days in the destination.

Answer : Problem: i am using veritas backup exec to backup. and i want to save seven bkf files of seven days in the destination

I would recomend the above comment also with some variation.  Set up two media set's.  Name one weekly Full, and the other Daily Differential.  Set the append period's and overwrite protections period's accordingly, and remember the append period in backup exec is defined as:

"The amount of time that data may be added to the media since the media was written to, erased or overwritten & starts when the media is allocated, and only resets when the media is overwritten.

The overwrite protection period is the amount of time since the last backup in which data is protected from being overwritten, and resets to maximum whenever data is written to the media.

By setting up the append/overwrite protection period's properly your data won't grow to be unmanagable, but will require a  certain amount of space depending on your turnover of data, and quantity your starting with.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us