Question : Problem: Citrix servers ps4 on windows2003 sp1 on dell poweredge 2950 unexpected shutdown

a few  Citrix  citrix servers which were earlier cloned and were working fine almost for six months started shutting down unexpectedly. dell support updateddrivers for raid controllers, vga, nic. dell say its not a hardware issue. so its an os or a citrix issue. only change that was donw to the servers was that a few  microsoft updates and a cirix rollup packages were installed. no obvious time/date patter for the unexpected shutdown. only pattern that the print jobs are running before he unexpected shutdown. hp 4250 pcl6 in particular.

Answer : Problem: Citrix servers ps4 on windows2003 sp1 on dell poweredge 2950 unexpected shutdown

printer drivers are notorious for causing havoc in citrix, although i have never personally see anything besides OS issues or hardware issues cause random shutdowns on Citrix servers, I believe that your pprinter driver is a good place to start since Dell determined you do not have a hardware issue.  my first suggestion would be to reinstall the latest driver for that printer, also to try the Citrix universal print driver for that printer and see if there is any change.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us