Question : Problem: Strange beep sound when turning on PC

I am receiving a weird beep sound when turning pc on. It is not the "usual" beep sound, as it is supposed to be. it is different. Like when in quiz you don't give the correct answer, a siren sounds. I cant explain it differently. :) Have you ever encountered this, and why is this happening? I have seen this on several PC's, Asus/Gigabyte motherboards with C2D CPUs. Sometimes it beeps normal sound, but usually it doesn't.

Thanks,
Goran

Answer : Problem: Strange beep sound when turning on PC

I think I have an answer for you.  I recently put a system together for a friend of mine,  and he bought an ASUS motherboard (I forgot the exact model).  Let me guess.... when you 1st turn on the system,  you here a "deeper and lower" buzzer sound that last for 2 - 3 seconds... then the computer starts up fine?  It's just an alarm that your CPU fan hasn't gotten up to speed.  It has happened with his computer since day one,  and I haven't seen a BIOS update that resolves this issue.  Since it is only a few second delay in getting the fan up to speed,  I wouldn't worry about it,  just realize that occasionally this irratating noise will be coming from you machine.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us