Question : Problem: Backup Fan question for my Dell Server.

Hello,

The backup fan for my Dell Server died on me. I went onto Ebay and purchased a replacement (Dell wanted $120 for one) but upon arrival it is not quite the same. The fan that died was a 12V 1.50A and the new one is a 12V .6A. Both are JMC Datech brand and have the same connections to the computer. The shape is the same but the replacement fan is not as "deep" as the old one. The replacement appears that it will fit the space just fine.

The model number on the broken fan is 1238-12HBTA-3 and its P/N is 6R157E186583. The replacement fan model appears to be 1225-12HBA no P/N listed.  As I said both are "DC brushless Fan" made in Taiwan for the JMC Datech company.

Soooo, my question is if anyone knows if I will do harm to my server by installing the .6A fan to replace a 1.5A fan?  

Thanks,
Brian

Answer : Problem: Backup Fan question for my Dell Server.

You will not overload the power supply, since .6 is just a little more than half the power of 1.5

The concern is that it passes the same amount of air.

You should send a message to the eBay vendor and ask if they sent you the wrong fan by mistake...

Here is a description of the replacement;
JMC# 1225-12HBA. 120 mm (4.72") square x 25 mm (1") wide cooling fan. Dual ball bearing fan provides reliable output of 88 CFM @ 2600 RPM. 12 Vdc @ 0.6 Amps. 45 Dba max @ 1M. Designed for 50,000 hours @ 25 deg. C. Thermoplastic housing and 7 blade impeller. Three 7" pigtail leads with 3-pin connector (0.1" centers). Third lead is for sensing rotation. Prepped with metal finger guard. UL, CSA, CUL, CE.

The 88 CFM @ 2600rpm is the air flow.  I could not find the airflow of the existing fan.

Good Luck!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us