Question : Problem: Laptop LCD screen with horizontal lines.

Note: this lines are diferent like from those lines in a broken screen,
this lines shake and shake till nothing can be seem in the total screen.

I have a laptop that has horizontal lines running across the screen.
when i start the laptop there are no lines at all, i can see everything,
the welcome screen and everything, but after a minute or so, the screen
start shaking and lines start to apear, sometimes those lines are horizonatal
and sometimes vertical and because of that i can't see nothing on the screen.

it will be nice if someone can help me with this, or get some info on this issue.

Answer : Problem: Laptop LCD screen with horizontal lines.

Then it is more than likely your graphics controller that is faulty.

In my experience it is going to be a costly experience to replace it as even if it is in the form or a daughter board (board that connected to the mainboard) it is still going to be quite expensive.

So i guess your options are as follows.

1. Find out from your equipment manufacturer whether the GPU is located on the mainboard or on its own VGA board and consequently the Part Number Price and availability of the part. Thus giving you the information of whether it is worth replacing.

2. Purchasing a new laptop. As the cost of mobile computing has plumted due to the fierce competition for market share between the top 5 IT&T vendors it may be a cheaper or more economical option for you to purchase new equipment with a manufacturers warranty.

NOTE: I as a tech would always suggest purchasing the manufacturer's extended warranty it is usually quite inexpensive when you weigh up the cost's or replacing a component such as a mainboard or LCD panel and will ensure you get a good 3 years worth of use out of your laptop.

KAVO
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us