Question : Problem: Why are some of my BB users not getting email?

I was on the phone with AT&T & Blackberry for over three hours yesterday trying to solve some of our users issues with their Blackberries not receiving email from Exchange. Test emails show up in their Outlook mailbox and AT&T was able to send activation emails, etc. to the handsets. . AT&T support finally validated user email addresses using OWA integration but my users are still not receiving any emails. I cannot see anything wrong in Exchange. What could be going on between the server and handset to cause this? We are using Blackberry Professional software server v.4.1.4.3

Answer : Problem: Why are some of my BB users not getting email?

Hi, the first thing you should do is ensure the affected users restart their devices by removing the battery.  Once they restart ensure the device has capital EDGE or GPRS (or 3G on the Bold) as this indicates they are connected to data.  If other users on the BES are functioning correctly it is common for the issue to be handset issue or the carrier related (e.g. there is an issue with the Blackberry codes or they have accidently been put on BIS plans).

From what you have explained above your users are on BIS and configured to retrieve emails via OWA.  In this configuration the BlackBerry Professional Software is not even in use for these users.  What you need to do is ensure AT&T has a "BlackBerry Enterprise" plan on your users phone accounts, and then confirm they have been activated correctly on BPS.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us