Question : Problem: DSL Modem

Hi,

I've been looking for a solution for my internet problems at home. I am connected to my dsl router and the power,status and Lan light are on, but the activity light only blinks every ten minutes. In my Local Area Connection, it is showing that I am receiving packets but I cannot access any sites, only the configuration address for the modem which is 192.168.1.x. When I entered this I also saw a setting that said it was configured for Bridging using LLC, so I changed to PPoE which is what all modems in my country are configured for.Are there any suggestions I should try for me to be able to access websites, anti-virus and spyware found nothing on my system blocking the connection.

Answer : Problem: DSL Modem

According to a manual available online (http://www.zhone.com/support/manuals/docs/62/6211-A2-ZB21-40.pdf) for the 6211-i1 (almost the same model), there is a Quick Setup feature you can use that will automatically detect the proper connection. If your modem/router has that, that's what I'd suggest trying first. Note that you will need to enter your DSL account name and password somewhere during the installation. The Quick Setup option is the third line on the left side of the router setup page; click on it to start the process.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us