Question : Problem: Setting up multiple fax #'s

Hi guys,

So basically we are in need of getting more faxes machines (and more fax #'s). Basically I am wondering if there is a way in Server 2003 (or some other tool) that I could use to route faxes to certain printers based on the fax # used?

Example:
I have fax # of 555-555-5551 and # 555-555-5552. If someone sends a fax to the 5551 # I want to print to printer-1 and if they fax to the 5552 # have it print out to printer-2.

How would I go about setting something like this up? I assume I will have to install more modems (which we are planning on getting probably 4 more lines, and I dont have 4 more PCI slots, so is there something that I could use to plug in multiple fax lines)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer : Problem: Setting up multiple fax #'s

You might not be looking for fax services, but I would recommend you check out eFax.  I am a user of their service and very happy with it.

I can think of two problems your scenario creates, that eFax would solve.

One is the lines.  If you are using the lines themselves as the "identity" for routing the fax, that means you can't have them hunt.  So if fax number 5551 is busy, your routing purposes would require that it can't receive another call, even though 5552 might be available.  If you didn't require this, then you could have the phone company have the calls arrive at the first available line instead of giving a busy signal.  A service like eFax can take an essentially unlimited number of calls on the same phone number at the same time because each fax number isn't a physical "line" in the first place.

Second, since a service like eFax would e-mail you a .PDF of each fax, complete with the caller ID and the number dialed, your solution boils down to how to print the faxes based on the subject line and/or recipient of the e-mail.  That seems to me to be the sort of thing you could do with nothing more than Outlook's Rules Wizard.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us