Question : Problem: Unable to share internet connection

I'm having trouble sharing my internet connection (Local Area Connection 2) with other computers over the wireless network connection I have made using a usb wifi device. It was working up until a few days ago, when I followed some advice on this site pertaining to removing unused network adapters that give the message "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer." My computer reinstalls drivers for the usb wifi device when I plug it into a different usb port, and I was trying to get rid of the old adapters that won't be used again. One accepted solution suggested unintalling the adapter used to connect to the internet, prior to attempting to uninstall the spare adapters. This didn't work, and when I re-installed the ethernet adapter I no longer had the ability to share the active internet connection. When I run the Network Setup Wizard I get an error, and as the attached file shows, I can't share the connection manually. I would appreciate a rapid responce, as I plan to format my hard drive and start over again if I don't get the problem fixed by this weekend.

Answer : Problem: Unable to share internet connection

From the log,
> ICS Failed to Share Wireless Network Connection 4

That seems to indicate it was trying to share the wireless adapter.
In Control Panel->System on the Hardware tab, in Device Manager, is the ethernet adapter showing up correctly under Network Adapters?

Have you installed the latest drivers for the network adapter, too?
What kind of laptop is it? (brand/model)

Re-installing the OS is a radical step, but on many computers that aren't used for a fixed purpose, windows should probably be reinstalled once a year at least. Fixed purpose machines generally don't have programs and devices installed/uninstalled frequently, so the registry doesn't get as much... detritus... built up in it. I prefer to avoid that step, if possible, myself... but it is a necessary evil on computers that get 'experimented on' a lot, unfortunately.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us