Question : Problem: How can I stabalize my HP printer drivers on my printer server on Windows Server 2003?

Hi, I have a Windows Server 2003 print server with about 42 HP printers.  Now all these printers are network printers, using the HP JetDirect device.  Some of the users are having trouble printing to the HP LaserJet 4515tn printers.  Specifically the issue is that when the user prints they get blank print outs, documents that comtain lines or special characters wont printer correctly, and PCL kernel erros.

I believe its not the printer itself, but the printer driver I am using.  I have been using HP drivers for LaserJet 4200 and Laserjet 4250 on the 4515tn printer, because all these issues keeps coming up with all the drivers.  But now I am getting the same printing issues mentioned above with every driver now.  I am not sure where this issue is developing, all my users are running Windows XP SP3 and mostly printing from Word 2003, Adobe PDF documents, and Outlook Emails.

I am just curious if anyone else is having these printing issues and if you are how are you resolving them?  I have contacted HP support, but they werent very helpeful, they told me to turn off Collate Documents, but that didnt make much of a difference.  

Answer : Problem: How can I stabalize my HP printer drivers on my printer server on Windows Server 2003?

They should work.  We have Samsung printers that had issues with some blank pages and certain fonts.  The PS driver fixed it for us.  Here is a link to a MS doc on how to plan for stable drivers in Server 2003.  Perhaps it will help as well:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758604.aspx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us