Question : Problem: how to disable adaptive mode.

Hello,

I want to know how to disable the adaptive mode on mine USRobotics routers and what are the risks doing this. I have two models of USRobotics routers :

1) ADSL2+Ethernet/USB Modem/Router Model 9112

2) ADSL+4-Port Router model 9107A

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: how to disable adaptive mode.

You either need to buy the appropriate level of service from your ISP, or find a different ISP that is better suited to your needs.  Fooling around with your DSL modem's WAN settings isn't going to do anything but break your connection, as you have been finding out.  If you could just fiddle with your DSL modem to get a significant bandwidth increase, don't you think everyone would be doing it?

BTW, Merete has no idea what s/he is talking about, if you couldn't tell already.

Merete - I am a page editor here at EE, and I'm not aware of any policies at EE forbidding helping people with P2P (although I really don't think that's the issue here) - please feel free to refer to the URL(s) of the policies you are citing.  P2P is not inherently illegal, despite what the fools at the MPAA and RIAA want you to think.  How do you think I managed to download my most recent linux distribution?  P2P won't burn your router (a ridiculous concept), or drop your connection - if you overrun a connection limit, you just won't get any new connections until older ones expire.  Stop spreading rumors and opinions with no basis in fact.

Cheers,
-Jon

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us