Question : Problem: How do i restore a old backup made by Norton Ghost 12?

Awhile ago I made a backup of my My Documents folder using Ghost 12. I made a backup of the folder only and not of the whole computer. I stored this backup on an external drive. Two days ago my computer died, and i did a rebuild, reinstall and installed Norton Ghost 12 again. Now i would like to restore the backup that I made on the External drive. I can see all .fbf files on the drive but if i open Norton and select the drive to do a restore from it it says that their is noting to restore. I then did a test backup somewhere else and copied the files and folders from the external drive into the new backup destination, but still if i open norton and piont it to the new backup destination it only restores the files that was put in there by ghost and not the files that i copied into the folder.

How do i get Ghost to recoginze the backup that it made on my external drive so that i can restore it?

These files cannot be opened by anyother porgram i have tried Promosoft Free Backup Fix, but it does not work.

Answer : Problem: How do i restore a old backup made by Norton Ghost 12?

Click on File > Import backup destination. And then select the external drive. Ghost will then read throught the old backup, load it and then I can then restore any file or folder from that backup. WHAT A MISSION. And the Symantec could not even tell me to do those easy steps.

Now that i have solved it how do i close the question off?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us