Question : Problem: DataGridView is slow when viewed on nVidia NVS 290 (and others) video cards

Hi all.  I have a new Dell Precision T7400 that includes an nVidia NVS 290 video card that feeds to a dual monitor setup.  It works great in all applications except for the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (v9.00.2047.00).

The issue with this app is that the grid display (rendered using a Microsoft control, the DataGridView) when viewing data records is extremely slow.  I have found this issue documented in many places on the web, and it does not seem to be isolated to just the NVS 290 video card, but it does seem to be an issue related to the newer nVidia cards.

I have searched nVidia's web site and have not found anything pertaining to this.  I have installed the latest "normal" (as compared to "performance") drivers that are available on the site, but the speed issues still exist.

Does anyone have any sort of solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may offer.

Answer : Problem: DataGridView is slow when viewed on nVidia NVS 290 (and others) video cards

Problem solved with latest beta geforce nvidia driver 177.79.

Prior to that, it was necessary to cut the hardware acceleration level in half to solve the problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us