Question : Problem: SSH chmod question

Our NAS vendor uses  *NIX as the OS for thier platform. I ran into an issue of not being able to delete some files from the NAS in our Windows environment through a CIFS share. Our vendor (Bluearc) gave me instructions for deleting from their back-end. I SSH to this back-end, connect to the shares and can change permissions and delete files using the normal commands. The problem i'm having is some directories have multiple directories under it and sometimes many more under that. So my problem is I have to manually cd to each directory to either change permissions (so I can access through the CIFS share) or delete everything in that directory. If it happens to contain another directory with 200 folders in it I have to go to each one of those folder and delete everything manually to be able to delete the parent folder. I did a quick google and it shows me the recursive switch to chmod but that doesn't work on my *NIX system.
So I though maybe a GUI would help and I tried EngInSite DataFreeway. Which does give me the SSH session in a pretty GUI but doesn't allow me to run the necessary commands to connect to the CIFS shares to change the permissions or delete files.
So does anyone know a work around, trick, tip, anything? I'm looking at probably over 1000 directories I would manually have to go and delete files. I've already done about 100 and my eyes started to cross. Any help is appreciated.

Answer : Problem: SSH chmod question

if chmod -r doesnt work how about
find . -exec chdir

Or

Find . | xargs -ivf chmod 666 {}

Or something like that?
Sorry, im on iphone and fingers are fat.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us