Question : Problem: Troubleshooting problems with Wireless Internet Connection and Dell Laptop

I have 3 computers in the household, 1 desktop and 2 Dell PCs

We have a wireless router (Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO F5D9630-4)

The desktop is hardwired to the router and I can browse to the router and connect to the Internet perfectly

One Dell Laptop can connect wirelessly without a problem

The problem is with the other Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1520) which has such trouble connecting wirelessly

It often says signal strength is good, but has "Limited or no connectivity"

It came with a Dell wireless connection manager, but I have tried disabling this as my other Laptop doesnt have this and connects fine via Windows WCZ

Using either method the problematic Laptop just doesnt want to connect all the time, perhaps only 1 in 10 times after lots of repairs, reboots, router restarts it is possible to get it online

Its not an issue with distance from the router, I have sat 2 yards from it and tried everything I know how

What else can I try to troubleshoot this?

Thanks alot

Answer : Problem: Troubleshooting problems with Wireless Internet Connection and Dell Laptop

I had this problem before on multiple occasions, and found that the fix 75% of the time was just re-entering the PassKey manually. If it is trying to connect wireless with a PassKey saved in its cache, it might give you that "Limited Connection" error.

Try going to View Available Wireless Connections, and disconnect from your Limited or No Connectivity connection. Then refresh, and manually hit Connect when it finds your Wireless Router.

It should ask you for the PassKey/WAP key.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us