Question : Problem: using a published citrix desktop - how to hide citrix server local hard drives

We are publishing a citrix desktop (which in full screen mode replaced the user local desktop).
I have two questions:
1. each user can access the local drives (c and f(data))on the Citrix server.  I can not restrict them via security becasue they need access read/write to run most of their programs.  Is there any way to hide or remove the drive and folders from the my computer folder on the citrix server while keeping the acces they need?
2. how can we get the published apps to appear on the published desktop automatically when the user is added to the application in the farm properties?  (it works for the users local desktop but not the published desktop which seems to only pull the "all users" defaults)

Answer : Problem: using a published citrix desktop - how to hide citrix server local hard drives

RE #1, you may want to change drive letter for "F" so it fits into the A-D limitation of the group policy sited above.  We typically would set it to "D", and might make a CD drive "B" for example.
RE #2, you could use the PNAgent to do this, or you could also wright a login script to delete and re-create a personalized start menu each time someone logs in, based on AD Group membership.   KIX is a good scripting tool for this.  So if they are in the "MSAccess" AD group, they get a start menu icon for MS Access, etc.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us