Question : Problem: Remote Desktop between Windows Mobile 6 (HTC Touch HD phone) and a Desktop PC

Well, I want to buy my first Smartphone, and i am loving the HTC Touch HD spec, but my question here is that how wil REMOTE DESKTOP perform between a Smartphone with Windows Mobile 6 and a desktop PC witn Windows XP pro...

Will it be able to do the same things that a Remote desktop between 2 PCs? (The screen on the HTC Touch HD is quite big! bigger than the iphones)

An extra point will be if it can make this happen: I use 3dsMax software, so i am wondering if with Remote Desktop running from the Phone, i canlog into my Destop PC and Hit the RENDER button on 3dsMax  (I will leave 3dmax already running on the PC)

I will explain the situation so you understand why i ask:  I will make the 3dmodel on my desktop PC, but then i have to render for example 3 different views of the model, and each view takes 4 hours to render.  So I have to step out of my office to do other stuff, and when is time, i want to check from my Phone, if the 1st render has finished, and then from the phone also in Remote desktop, i want to select the 2nd preseted view, and Hit the RENDER BUTTON so it starts processing this second image, and then the same for the third image...

Anyone knows if this is possible?

thanks for your time and help

Answer : Problem: Remote Desktop between Windows Mobile 6 (HTC Touch HD phone) and a Desktop PC

Yes you can connect to and remotely control your Windows desktop from your Windows Mobile smartphone with the Windows Mobile 6 Remote Desktop client. The newest version of Mobile Remote Desktop boasts fullscreen control, 16 bit graphics, and full-on sound transfer (similar to the full-on Remote Desktop client for Windows). According to the Inspect My Gadget weblog, the new client could actually stream video with sound over a LAN (though Orb is the better video streamer for practical situations). The WM6 Remote Desktop client is free to download, works on either Windows Mobile 5 or 6 (several WM6 vendors did not include the new Remote Desktop).

If it didn't come with your phone, grab it here:  http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv6700/84897-wm6_rdp-mobile-remote-desktop-client.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us