Question : Problem: Burning a CD from iTunes

I have CDs that are 700mb CD-R - I am trying to burn an iTunes playlist that is 100MB and I keep getting the error that the playlist will not fit on 1 CD - why?  How can I correct this and what is the actual recordable space of these 700mb discs?

Answer : Problem: Burning a CD from iTunes

Another option depending on what you want to be able to do with cd is to just burn mp3s to the disc, but you probably just want an audio cd in which case the solution given above is correct/the only option unless you use more discs!

However if you have a cd player which can play mp3s or you want to play the playlist on a PC that is not networked with the one you are burning the cd on, you can change the cd burning options in the itunes prefs. Then when you burn a cd it will write mp3s to disc instead of WAV or AIFF both of which are 40 - 60 MB vs 3 - 5 for most mp3s. 100 MB of mp3s will fit on a disc with plenty left over. My portable cd player allows me to burn mp3s in folders and then they appear as albums. Makes it easier to move between playlists.

To change this in itunes go to the prefs in windows or mac. Select the "advanced" option then "burning" and choose the disc format. Options are audio cd which converts AAC or mp3s in a playlist to AIFF or WAV files to make a disc playable in a standard cd player, mp3 which makes an mp3 cd playable in PCs, some portable cd players and some car stereo systems. And lastly data which you can use to back up more flexibly that the "backup to disc" option under the file menu which backs up everything.

Strangely you can inly change this in the prefs rather than at the time you are setting up the disc for burning. Seems like it ought to be more accessible really!

I'm guessing the previous answer is the one you needed but perhaps this will have been of use also.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us