Question : Problem: How do I eject/remove a Removable backup-to-disk drive?

I'm new to Backup Exec 11d and I'm not understanding something. I have four 1TB external hard disks. Here is the schedule that I intend on creating.

Week 1. Full backup on the weekend and then differential backups each day. On Friday evening I would like to remove Disk A and put it in a safe and attach Disk B instead.

Week 2. Full backup on the weekend and then differential backups each day. On Friday evening I would like to remove Disk B and put it in a safe and attach Disk C instead.

Week 3. Full backup on the weekend and then differential backups each day. On Friday evening I would like to remove Disk C and put it in a safe and attach Disk D instead.

Week 4. Full backup on the weekend and then differential backups each day. On Friday evening I would like to remove Disk D and put it in a safe and attach Disk A instead.

I have attached Disk A as removable Back up to disk folder. I have added it to a media set of overwritable after 3 weeks. I have not yet automated anything or added any policies. I will mount drives with unique drive letter.

My question is, what is the most proper method of removing the disk and replacing it on Friday? Would I right click on the removable backup to disk folder and click eject? and then remove the disk and then attach a new disk and then create a new removable backup to disk?

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: How do I eject/remove a Removable backup-to-disk drive?

Yes the way you describe it is the best way to work with Removable Backup to Disk media.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us