Question : Problem: Mix input/outputs of multiple sounds cards or, simply, How to send input from one sound card to output of another

I have a Windows XP machine with multiple sound cards. What I would like to do is route the input from sound card (a) to the output of sound card (b) and vice versa.

Is there a simple solution to do this?

This is what I am ultimately trying to accomplish:

ext. dev <--I/O---> sound card (a)  <--I/O--> sound card (b) <----I/O----> ext dev

Answer : Problem: Mix input/outputs of multiple sounds cards or, simply, How to send input from one sound card to output of another

Hmm, it appears that it might caused by something known as side-tone. The telephone companies feedback a little bit of your voice back to you. Apparently it makes it easier to modulate the volume of your voice and seems more 'natural'.

The problem is that the delay that it takes for the computer to process the mic signal, route it to the sound card combined with the delay that it takes for the processing of the incoming signal and routing back to the headset creates the echo effect.

I can't quite get the latency to zero so it seems like this isn't going to work in this way.

Anyway, I did manage to find a program to do what I want as per the question called Virtual Audio Cable,

So I guess this is a done deal.

thanks for the suggesttions
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us