Intel E8500
LG 22x Lightscribe SATA
Coolermaster 550w Extreme Power
250GB Seagate Drive
Asus P5Q-EM
OCZ PC2-8500 DDR2 2048MB Reaper Heat-Pipe HS 2x1GB Kit
Gigabyte Setto 1000 Chassis - Black - Aluminum Bevel
XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB

Now the problem begins after I have installed the graphics card drivers (new and off the CD). When you install the drivers and boot up, the windows boot screen freezes, and the little blue status bar stops moving and you have to reset. However, if I boot into safe mode it works perfectly. If I erase all the drivers, it then boots into Windows with no problems. I have formatted and reinstalled Windows to no avail.
If I use this same graphics card in another PC (P5K Deluxe, Q6600, 2x1GB Corsair 6400-C4,Aerocool 620w), it works perfectly and benches great. And when I put another card into the first machine, it also works perfectly with no problems (Jetway 8600GTS 256MB).

I have tried all sorts of things including using a stronger PSU, swapping the memory for different memory, playing in BIOS settings, trying different driver versions, swapping cables. Nothing helps but it seems to me that when not used together the Board and Card are perfect (i.e. with other hardware).

So what could be the problem?  What else can I do? I am going to update the BIOS now, and hope that works ... but let me know any other ideas in case it doesn't work.

Regards

Itai

Answer : Problem: Windows will not load with graphics card

I download the latest BIOS firmware to date and installed it as I mentioned I would do at the beginning of the question and it fixed the problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us