Question : Problem: Dell Latitude C600 Power Problems???

I have two Dell laptops.  1.  Lattitude C600 and 2.  Inspirion 1150an

THe problem is with #1.  When the power supply is plugged in, the monitor will not display anything.  In other words, let's say I am running under battery power and as soon as I plug in the P.S. the screen goes blank.  As far as I can tell the computer is still running. So, I have taken the power supply from #2 and try it and the same thing happens.  What I have deteremined is that I can use the P.S. to charge the batteries but I for some reason can not use a P.S. to run the laptop.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Answer : Problem: Dell Latitude C600 Power Problems???

Well it sounds to me like you must have solved the original problem which was the invertor (cos the backlight wasn't working and now it certainly is), but that you aquired a new problem along the way. (It doesn't sound to me like the two are linked, but other may have an opionion on this). Sadly it is probably secondary damage that has occured during the initial attempt at repair.
Maybe you have a problem now with the video signal cable. Have you tried a new one of those? (Personally I wouldn't give up on this problem... but then, I know how frustrating a situation it can be when you feel like you have tried every avenue and nothing has solved it.)

You will have to decide who answered the question first. (I believe that is the Experts Exchange points awarding criteria). If others offered more detailed advice later, then you can give them the assisted answer.

Only you know what you think solved this question. If it helps you, go back and look at your initial question that opened all this.... it has moved on a long way from then, but you should be looking to see who gave you the help to solve the initial question. Other lines of query that appeared after that are assists too... in that they didn't necessarily answer the initial question, but helped you with the overall problems you are having with the machine.

Hope this helps....

Mike

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us