Question : Problem: Will the HP Procurve hardware I have available work for the VLAN configuration I intend to implement?

I have a HP 4108GL and a couple of 4000M's in an MDF and 7 IDF's with either 4000M's or 2424M's, about 400 IP devices connected to the network in a single broadcast domain in 4 building connected via Gb fiber. Will the 4108GL handling the VLAN routing for the entire organization, i.e. function as a 'router on a stick' for the 8 VLAN's we would lke to create?  Are we going to blow it away trying to route that much traffic?

If you don't think the 4108 will handle the load, is it possible to attach something like a Cisco 2810 to offload routing, or is there a better HP alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Answer : Problem: Will the HP Procurve hardware I have available work for the VLAN configuration I intend to implement?

nope, it is a bit different.
then only thing switch knows about voice it is QoS markings in IP header.
and to route very fast it has to know only source and destination IPs.
the main thing you have to find out - whether routing is hardware or software.
Btw, you can add one more test to our test lab: during routing/switching tests you can take another pc and launch ping to the switch. normally response times should remain constant even under load.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us