Question : Problem: Lexmark T522 Hard Factory Reset Fails

We have a Lexmark T522 network laser printer purchased roughly 2 years ago. At the time it was purchased the operator panel on the printer was disabled (so users could not change settings) and an administrator user name/password was set. Unfortunately for us we have forgotten these login details.

I contacted Lexmark technical support (3 times) and finally got an answer as to how I can do a factory reset...

1.Switch Off the printer.
    2.Press and hold the  RIGHT + SELECT + GO  buttons on the printer.
    3.Switch On the printer , continue to hold the buttons until the printer resets.

This will reset the printer to it's factory defaults.

Please revert for further assistance.

When I follow these steps the message "Resetting Factory Defaults" is displayed on the operator panel, however the printer does not revert to it's factory settings. a) the operator panel is still locked, b) the default user name/password does not work and c) the IP address is still the same static address that was originally set.

I have contacted Lexmark tech support again, but they take a while to respond and I am hoping someone on here might know what to do. I have also tried looking for a CMOS battery on the mainboard, no luck. So if anybody knows why this factory reset might not work, or if there is another way to do it, the help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I have also just now tried to do a firmware/printer code update. The update applies successfully and resets, however the operator panel is still locked. *shakes fist*

Answer : Problem: Lexmark T522 Hard Factory Reset Fails

this solution was provided for me on another site which i will share here in case other users have the same problem...

the problem you are having is easy to fix you have to boot the printer into the config menu by holding select and return(buttons 3 and 4) while powering on the printer, then scroll across to the operator menu and select enable then scroll to exit menu and select. this will unlock the op panel menus but will not remove any passwords.

to remove the password you need to enter the network se menu through the standard operator panel menu it is a bit tricky but i will try to remember
step 1: scroll to the network menu press select

step 2: then scroll tostandard network setup(network 1 setup if you have a optional network card as opposed the the one intergrated into the rip.

step 3: scroll to print(do not press select on this option

step 4: press and hold the go button while doing this press and release the left menu button.

this brings the printer into the network SE menu scroll to the nvram option and select then scroll to reinit nvram and select. this will reset all the network settings including ip address information and password/user information... good luck
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us