Question : Problem: Booking iPhone Events in Another Time Zone

I have a customer who works actively in 3 time zones:  Italian, Eastern & Pacific

He wants to be able to be in the Pacific Time Zone and easily book an event into his iPhone calendar in Eastern Time (or Italian Time or Pacific Time) without having to do all the math of converting the time of the event to Pacific First.

The only way that I can find for him to do this is to go OUT of his calendar, change his iPhone to the time zone the appointment is in, then go back to the Calendar, make the appointment, go out of the calendar, change back to the time zone that he's currently in.

Surely there is an easier way than either mentally calculating the time or doing these steps?

In Outlook 2007, you simply hit the "Time Zone" button and then choose the Time Zone that the event will take place in while you're creating the event.  Is there not a similar option on the iPhone?

Answer : Problem: Booking iPhone Events in Another Time Zone

There's no way to do it.  Or, if there is, then it's going to take someone a lot smarter than me to figure it out.  However, it might be SLIGHTLY easier to use the iPhone app "itimezone", which costs $2.99.  You still have to leave the calendar, but instead of actually changing the timezone of the iPhone, you start up the itimezone app, choose the country and time of your meeting, and it will show you what time to enter in your current timezone...so at least you don't have to do it mentally (and don't have to remember to switch the iPhone back to your current timezone when you're done -- that's the step you save.)  As well, you don't have to go through as many menus using itimezone to do this as you do if you're going to settings/mail-contacts-calendars-timezone support/timezone etc.

I'm not affiliated with the people behind itimezone.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us