Question : Problem: monitor. changing color from 16 to 32 bit

Hi,
I have just upgraded my pc from 98 to 2000. all working well except the monitor. samsung 'samtron 76e' . the system shows 16 colors and the picture quality is bad. I have tried to upload the cd but keep getting error monitor adaptor error code 259 also tried  contro panel, settings, display etc. Also loaded driver from IE still not joy. Can you help?
hka

Answer : Problem: monitor. changing color from 16 to 32 bit

If the PC is password protected and you don't know the password how are you opening the operating system?
Was the Old Operating system password protected and you loaded 2000 over it?
(operating system = Windows)

You can clear the hard drive just by inserting the Windows 2000 cd and at the boot choice you can choose to format the hard drive.
To fix the driver:

Plain english

Read all the steps (and print this) before starting!!!!!!

1. Open windows explorer and create a directory called DUMP under the "C:" drive

2. CLICK on this link: http://www.samtron.com/download/files/w2kst77e.zip

3. Click on "SAVE" ...then.... in the new window find "SAVE IN" at the top .... click on the down arrow and find the "C" drive and then locate the "DUMP" directory you created and double click on it .... now click "SAVE"
The file will now be in your DUMP directory.

4. Do you have WINZIP software?? If no go to step 7. If yes, go to the DUMP directory in windows explorer and "right" click the file "w2kst77e.zip". Choose "Extract to c:\dump\w2kst77e".

5. Close windows explorer and all other running applications.

6. click on START then RUN and type in the box          C:\dump\w2kst77e\setup2000.exe         and then click OK
    FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FROM THERE.

7. If you dont have WINZIP click here http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,4172,00.asp
and then click on the red word DOWNLOAD at the bottom of the paragraph then click on OPEN.  NOW GO BACK TO STEP 4.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us