Question : Problem: Active Directory: Network printers Don't show up for new server

I've just added a windows 2003 R2 domain controller to a win2k network. I used adprep successfully, dcpromo and have added the print server role. Next i moved on to Print Migrator 3.1.

I backed up the printer configs/drivers...from the original server and have restored them to my new Windows 2003 R2 server. All of the printers appear to be shared but are offline. I did take one printer and creat a TCP/IP port using the IP address as the name and port name and can print from it. it also appears Status: Ready.  When i go to install on a client machine, the printers don't show up in add printer wizerd. The name of the server is advertised but no printers under the name. The old server is also advertised and all of it's shared printers are available.

What am i missing?

Thanks.

Answer : Problem: Active Directory: Network printers Don't show up for new server

The enable printer pooling is to allow you to configure multiple printers to act as a single device - nothing to do with your problem.

Make sure that File and Printer sharing is enabled in the firewall settings (orthe firewall is off)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us