Question : Problem: Cannot install drivers for Creative X-Fi in Vista PC

I have been running Vista Business on my Dell Precision 390 since I purchased it over 2 years ago. When I first setup the PC (it came with XP), I was able to somehow get drivers working for my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card that came with the PC and Vista. However, For the last 2 years my sound would periodically stop for no reason and require a full reboot to function again. I decided it was time to load the latest driver which was to fix those errors. When I attempted to load the driver, I was greeted with "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)" error while trying to install the driver. I ran the application as administrator and removed my old software prior to attempting the install. I tried the latest driver from Creative as well as the latest driver from Dell, both with the same results. I am at a loss and am hoping there is someone out there who has been through this and figured it out. Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Cannot install drivers for Creative X-Fi in Vista PC

Solution Found!

I went to the link below (found a similar issue on another forum) and followed the instructions. It turned out that lz32.dll was corrupt. Thanks to everyone for your help!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us