Question : Problem: Why is there no IMAGE on my montor?

Hi folks.

PROBLEM IS: SOYO 24 inch TOPAZ S   DVI/VGA Monitor
I have a mystery.  The monitor described above is about a 7  on a 1 to 10 scale.  It has one DVI port and one VGA.   I have been using 2 computers on it (1 on each port)  since I have owned it for about 8 months with no problems.  I just removed the pc that w2as hooked to the VGA port and replaced it with a brand new Compaq with a new 7600 GT Video card (that I installed myself as an upgrade.  It runs Vista with DX10 and the video card is compatible.  The other machine runs XP off the DVI  port with an 8600 GT installed.

I tested the card a on an antique Dell monitor before I attached the new PC to the newer monitor.  It was the new fine  and worked well after installi8ng the drivers .  however, when I attached it to the better (SOYO)monitor, I get the error messages mentioned above in that order.  One notable thing is that I can visibly see the scrolling vista boot screen before I lose the picture I get the 2 messages.  every restart, it SUCKERS ME INTO THINKING i AM going to GET IT.  I HEAR THE BOOT MUSIC, but nothing is on the screen except  either of the 2  messages.  I even tried another old compaq monitor with no problem, then back to the Soyo and NOTHING!  I do not understand what is happening.  Please understand that I just disconnected a machine that had a nvidia  FX 5700LE card and it worked fine.  I expected this one to do the same.   i EVEN TRIED USING SEVERAL DIFFERENT CONNECTIONS OF A 4-PORT kKVM switch that I own, ton test the wires/connections.

SO THE QUESTION IS:  
                       Can anyone tell me how to fix what ever is wrong on with my monitor and how to get it to                              
                        connect to the PC?  Could it possibly be the GPU?

The monitor is attached to another PC by way of the DVI port and  they both work fine.

Compaq SR5010NX--   One Day old
2GB  ddr2 pcf5300ram-
EVGA 7600GT,512 DDR3 GPU--
Celeron 3.46 mhz CPU

Thanks to you  in advance, as I am totally frustrated and have NO IDEA what to do next.

dO9NNIE616

Answer : Problem: Why is there no IMAGE on my montor?

Sorry, I meant "What happens if you connect the troublesome PC to the DVI port of the monitor"?  If that works, then you can make your configuration changes while connected to the DVI port AND NOT IN SAFE MODE  to get the other connection to work correctly.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us