Question : Problem: Shut down Acer AL2216W attempts to 'autostart' every 30 min out

This is not a joke, please look me up.

Situation: My new LCD monitor Acer AL2216W tries to switch itself on, regardless whether on standby or not, every full 30 min with the PC shut down (to S3 sleep mode) and, believe me, _even_ with  the _PC_power_supply_ switched off (!?). The PC wakes up briefly for max. one second 3-5 times in a row with the monitor flashing the Acer splash logo. This is most annoying. Only work around up to now is to pull the cord....

Boundary Conditions:

a) LCD connections: Graphics Card is a Gigabyte 8600 GTS connected with a DVI cable. Power: As 'slave' to a 'master/slave' power connector strip, with the PC as 'master'.

b) Happens with my brand new PC but before that also with the old one (although with this one I did not switch the power supply off nor does it happen _now_ with its new Acer AL1916W)

c) Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P, could be damaged as I could not get the on-board Giga-LAN Ethernet working, had to install a separate Ethernet card.

BIOS settings:
   - Wake-up LAN: Disabled
   - Keyboad and Mouse Wake-up: Disabled
   - Time Synchronisation: Enabled, but I can not think it is the cause, can not imagine this is push service
   - Do I miss one ???

d) Fresh and untweaked install of Windows XP Home SP2, fully patched up to the latest updates.

e) Virus scan with updated AntiVir and SpyBot found nothing.

f) Connection to the internet: Cablemodem, via power line communications (Devolo dLAN 200 AV) to my old but trusty Gigaset 105 router (Firewall and NAT enabled but WiFi shut off).

Answer : Problem: Shut down Acer AL2216W attempts to 'autostart' every 30 min out

i would try these :
disconnect it from the pc and test does it happen? if not, it comes from pc
disconnect pc from internet, and lcd to pc - does it happen? if Y comes from Internet
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us