Question : Problem: Configure Dual NIC's

Hi..

I have a Dell Poweredge 1900 server running Server 2003R2. There is an on board Broadcomm NIC and an additional dual port Intel Pro 1000 NIC.

I have a cable Internet connection running through a Linksys router to port one of the Intel Pro NIC. I have a T1 connection running into the Broadcomm NIC from a Netopia router. When I do an 'ipconfig' it reports both connections correctly. I can link to my other computers via the Linksys so all is well with that.

Here's my problem...

When I have both of these connections 'enabled' & check the IP address that is being reported to the Internet, it always shows the cable connection (through the Linksys). If I disable the cable connection NIC, the IP address reports the T1. I've tried just about everything I can think of...moving cables, disabling & enabling, etc. but I still have the same problem. Firewalls are disabled.

What do I need to do to have the T1 being recognized across the Internet without disabling the cable connection?

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Configure Dual NIC's

If this is the case then you may not need to change the settings for the NIC that is connected to the T1 router, just remove the gateway from the other NIC on the server and everything should be fine.

Just remember to note any changes you make so if something goes wrong you can go back.

eb
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us