Question : Problem: Paper crinkles in fuser

My Lexmark Optra Rt+ b&w laser printer has been a workhorse for several years. Just this week, for no apparent reason, it has started consistently crinkling the paper as it feeds through the fuser (it happened every once in a while previously, but is now consistent). Heavy paper (24 pound) or labels still make it through without crinkles, but standard paper, including slightly textured letterhead, shows a jagged wrinkle.

B&W lasers have become inexpensive enough that I'm reluctant to spend a lot on getting this repaired, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a possible fix I could do myself.

Answer : Problem: Paper crinkles in fuser

It could be a couple of things.
The printer could have a defective paper-out sensor that is damaged or broken.
If the paper is wrinkled at the end, you could have a faulty paper out assembly.
(This could also include the output roller.)
The last thing that comes to mind is a faulty fuzer. If this is the case, you're better off buying a new printer.
I would start by manually inspecting the rollers making sure that there isn't anything stuck to them. (Unplug the printer first.)
As you stated, new printers can be quite cheap now. That coupled with a standard warranty and you might think about pursuing costly repairs.
David
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us