Question : Problem: I think that Backup Exec 12 deletes two of my Public Folders

Hi

For about 6 months ago I installed a Windows 2003 SBS and I migrated from a Windows 2000 standard DC and Exchange 2000.

In the last couple of month the same two folders in public folder suddenly disappearing by them self and I'm sure that its not a user that deletes them. It has happen in about 5 times now and I think its after Backup Exec is finished with the Exchange backup job (I'm not sure however).

So does anyone know how I can investigate this problem or?

Thanks

Billetkontoret

Answer : Problem: I think that Backup Exec 12 deletes two of my Public Folders

I would be very surprised that Backup Exec would be deleting the public folder.

In Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003, an administrator can enable the auditing of public folder deletion by adjusting diagnostic logging for the Public Folders General category to Medium or High. This comes from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123804(EXCHG.65).aspx. I suggest you enable this feature.

If you think Backup Exec is the culprit, make sure to create a separate service account for Backup Exec. That would make it simple to determine if it's Backup Exec deleting the folder or not.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us