Question : Problem: concerns about Sata 1 and Sata II

Hi, I'm also looking at this product (link below). I notice that the product is Sata 1 compliant
http://www.startech.com/item-related/IDE2SAT-IDE-to-SATA-Drive-Mounted-Adapter.aspx

I'm upgrading my son's 2003 build computer a little bit (P4 2.66ghz, Aopen mobo with only ide connectors).  He doesn't want a full upgrade but he could do with some extra memory, new graphics card and an additional hard drive.  I don't particularly want to search for ide drives because when he does want a fuller upgrade I'd like to be able to use the new disk again.  

Question: Is my thinking the wrong way round.  Should I put in an ultra dma pata drive and do the conversion the other way when he upgrades or is the product above good enough to run a 250mb SATA2 as the C:\ drive?

Answer : Problem: concerns about Sata 1 and Sata II

I'd still suggest just buying an IDE drive -- as I assume you're aware, there's NO notable performance difference ... so there's no reason to buy any unnecessary additional components.  The disk will easily be useable in your next system (most likely with the single IDE channel;  but even if not you can then buy an IDE card for less than the adapter you listed in the question).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us