Question : Problem: SMS Query for MS products against a selection of client PC's

I am looking at re-organising my computer accounts within AD and using SMS to report on the software \ hardware we currently use.
I am going to locate the currently used client PC's into department OU's once they have been renamed.

I am then looking into finding out firsty the Microsoft software installed on these newly renamed devices, but do not want data from unused or renamed computer account.  All new devices have been named with an asset ID which all have the same prefix.

Does anyone have a query that lists all Microsoft products with a count of instances against a range of PC's that includes a prefix, or can be initially all placed into one OU?

Answer : Problem: SMS Query for MS products against a selection of client PC's

That's bizaare as SMS_R_System refers to System Resources to obtain the Netbios name, this query was created with SMS 2003 and works fine on our system.

You could try this instead:

select distinct SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Name, SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Domain, SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.UserName, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Name like "PREFIX-%" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Microsoft%"

Cheers
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us