Question : Problem: Problem recognizing hard drives setup in RAID Array

Hi
I have just set up two RAID arrays under XP Pro. One uses two identical drives connected to an IDE PCI RAID controller card. The other is a single SATA drive connected directly to the motherboard controlled by Sil3112 SATA RAID Driver that came with the Foxconn motherboard K8S755A. All three drives are recognized on the boot up screen but I cannot find them on My Computer. I think the single SATA drive was formatted when I created the RAID array but I am not sure about the other two drives. I have looked in Computer Management but there is no sign of any of the three drives there. Yet everything looks fine when I boot the computer.
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Matthew.

Answer : Problem: Problem recognizing hard drives setup in RAID Array

Check Device manager under Hardware (Control Panel, System) and see if the controllers are not installed (having a yellow ? next to them.)  The drivers for the Raid controllers must be installed in Windows and then configured with Disk management in Computer Management.

Also, The PCI controller may be playing tricks with the BIOS IDE controller (sometimes it replaces the IDE controller of the motherboard)  I doubt this though, because it sounds like you're booting with an IDE drive attached to the Motherboard?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us