Question : Problem: Dell PE2950 - No IP address showing on NIC Properties

Hi - we're running a PE 2950, Windows 2003 o/s, SharePoint 2003, with the following Broadcom NIC's

1. Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE (NDIS VBD Client)
2. Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE (NDIS VBD Client) #2
3. Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE (NDIS VBD Client) #3
Network Card MAC Address: 00:1D:09:05:9A:A1

Card No.1 is the only one we use, #2 and #3 are disabled.

Card No.1 was originally configured with a fixed IP address but now if I go into the IP Properties sheet, the 'Obtain an IP address automatically' option is selected and DHCP is shown to be enabled.  It doesn't matter if I change and save the options back to fixed IP info, it always changes itself back to 'Obtain automatically'.

Weirdly, ipconfig /all does show all the static IP addresses which were originally put in for the gateway, dns server, and subnet mask.

Does anyone have an explanation and/or a solution please?

The server is used to host an extranet and while the majority of internal & external users have no problems accessing the site some do and I'm wondering if this IP issue is part of the problem.  

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Dell PE2950 - No IP address showing on NIC Properties

Sounds like you manually installed the drivers and installed the RIS drivers.

Boot into Safe Mode, completely remove all the network devices, boot back into regular mode and do not let windows auto-install anything. Download the driver package at the link below if you haven't already, extract it and run the "setup.exe" in the "Driver_Management_Apps_Installer" instead. And yes, it *must* be done this way for these NICs, you cannot manually install the drivers for these.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/Bcom_LAN_11.0_T4.2_W2K3_8_A01.exe
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us