Question : Problem: intel Wirelss WiFi 4965AGN will not recognize/connect to N class, despite having that feature

I have followed the most current Intel product descirption, set up directions, and company instructions. My Router is a Lynksys WRT150N with the most recent up dates and proper configuration, latest firmware, transmitting in N class only.

The connection is fine, though I only connect at 54, but when I switch my router set up to transmit on N class only, all connectivity is lost.

Setting in my device manager at such time is properly set to recieve 40hz broad signal and Mixed (the proper N class settings found in both Microsoft and Intel instructions).

Answer : Problem: intel Wirelss WiFi 4965AGN will not recognize/connect to N class, despite having that feature

> Does that help clarify?

Not really. As I said, Linksys makes only 2.4GHz 11n devices (none that use the 5GHz 11n band).

But I did some more digging, and thankfully the Intel cards do NOT use the 2.4GHz band for 40MHz-wide 11n.
I found this 'friendly neighbor' blurb near the bottom of the 4965AGN overview page, as it's not mentioned anywhere in the 282kb product brief on the technical documents tab:

''Supports current Draft-N standard direction to support 40MHz channels only in 5GHz spectrum to minimize negative impact to legacy devices/networks nearby. ''
(http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm)

So my respect (not to mention appreciation) for Intel just grew a bunch.
There is room for ONE 40HMz-wide 11n channel in the 2.4GHz ISM band, while there's room for a full dozen non-overlapping 40MHz-wide 11n channels in the 5GHz UNII band... i.e. all the 2.4GHz 11n devices Linksys is selling are going to interfere big time with the 11g devices they have already sold (and are still selling).

But that's why you're unable to connect using the 40MHz-wide channel... and part of why it's still called a ''draft'' specification. If you want to make use of the higher speeds available from 40MHz-wide channels, you'll need a draft-n router that has a 5GHz radio in it too, unless you want to replace the Intel card with a Linksys draft-n card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us