Question : Problem: Laptop performs a write protection error on all removable drives, why?

So here is an interesting question for anyone who can help me... I am working on this computer for work, and they came in telling me that there WD passport hard drive wasn't working, so I took a look at what was going on.  When trying to write data to the hard drive it gave me a write-protection error.  But when I stuck the hard drive on another computer it worked just fine.  I also tired a bunch of different external drives and USB drives still nothing.  So I poked around looking at user settings, and privileges, everything seems to be fine, even logging under administrator I still get the same problems.  Does anyone know what could be wrong? I can't think of anything else... and it's probably something simple.

Answer : Problem: Laptop performs a write protection error on all removable drives, why?

I think I'd check the unit with a bootable CD like Knoppix and see if USB units work OK there. If "yes", the problem is with the windows drivers or some system file; if "no" you may have a hardware problem.

Perhaps restoring system files (SFC) is helpful.
/RID
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us