Question : Problem: old hd on tablet pc

i have a laptop hd and i want to backup what i have on it, so i installed the hd on another laptop i have(a tablet pc, c300) but when i try to turn it on it ask me to choose between safe mode and to start normally, on any option windows xp wont start it reboots on the windows loading screen. I tried reparing windows but it didnt fix anything. Could the problem be that i need to installewindows xp tablet edition on this hd to use it on this laptop? all i want is to backup the files on the hd not keep it on the laptop. If this was the problem is there any way i can use normal windows xp to boot the pc and to this, or access my files without staring windows?

Answer : Problem: old hd on tablet pc

If the old HD is being slaved on the tablet, make sure the jumper settings are correct. One set to master and old one set to slave. Or both on Cable Select. The HD's might be fighting to be the boot drive.

If the only HD on the tablet, check jumper settings just to make sure that the old HD does not have different settings for "Single" and "Master with Slave". But most likely XP does not like the hardware change (the drivers are not correct). The best bet would be to slave it in another system to copy the files
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us